Monday, March 23, 2015

5 days to go... and you can "be" there, too!

(5) days to go until Race Day and today I had a little help from my friends.  Everyone at work knows all about this event... they have been putting up with me dragging my sore and tired tush into the office each day.  Lots of chatter about how long the bike and run were last weekend, challenges with the weather, new bike seat, and what was sore and making me groan today?  Our office team is awesome and, as you can see in the photo, it is really too bad that we don't get along... :-)

One great thing about the Ironman races is that their online coverage and athlete trackers are AMAZING!  Last year, I had several friends that were racing in Oceanside and I decided to turn on the online coverage to check and see how they were doing.  Little did I know how ADDICTIVE watching the race would be!  They have live coverage of the leaders... live coverage of different parts of the race (where you could actually watch me do/cross certain parts of the course)... and an athlete tracker where you can watch my progress in real time!  I would LOVE IT if you would follow along... here's how...

On Saturday, March 28th, there will be a link to the coverage on the Ironman site.
Tracey Locher – Age Group 45-49 – Bib Number #1550
Wave start – Wave #14 at 7:20AM – light pink caps

There are cut off times for this race that you must beat in order to continue onto the next part of the race.

 
My Goal Times -
My start time 7:20AM
Cut off times –
Times to beat to continue racing
Swim – 1.2 miles
8:00AM
8:30AM
Transition 1
8:10AM
 
Bike – 56 miles, 2,720 feet climbing
12:25PM
12:50PM
Transition 2
12:35PM
 
Run – 13.1 miles
3:20PM
3:50PM

So, 8 hours it is!  Prayers for health, no injuries and no mechanicals so that I, and all of the athletes, can do the race we have trained so hard to do. You better believe that this gal is going to give you a reason to cheer!!!

No comments: