Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Music Day... You'll Be Dancing like Ducky...

Ohhhhhhhh, YEAH!  Music is such a WONDERFUL thing to have in your life!  It will make you dance... sigh... tap your foot and get your GROVE on!  I listen to music when I work out (I LOVE my work out music!)... I used to play music (violin) in small quartets, competitions, and symphonies... I use music to help me clean the house... I love to be silly and sing at the top of my lungs ("Spice Girls" is GREAT for this... my 20 year old loves doing this with me)... and there is NOTHING like the perfect soundtrack when you are on a long drive... 
Show YOURSELF a little Tenderness...

Today's song is inspired by friend Nancy K. who has posted supportive comments on my Facebook page and here on the blog...

From Nancy... "Tracey- I'll support you on this, follow your blog, but what makes you amazing is your heart and willingness to give, not your physique."

Nancy helped me to remember something important... all of us that are trying to get back in shape, lose a few pounds, eat better... usually go through the weight loss process in a negative light... that soundtrack that plays in our head over and over telling us we are not attractive, and on and on... WELL, IT IS TIME TO CHANGE THE SOUNDTRACK...  and show "YOURSELF a Little Tenderness!"

This is Jon Cryer's impression of Otis Redding song,
"Try A Little Tenderness" from the movie, "Pretty in Pink."

Next time those nasty voices start playing in your head again, put on this song... you just CAN'T HELP but start rocking out like Ducky here from the movie.  I LOVE this scene and this song is THE BEST!  It is now on my workout playlist and I seriously start doing the "Ducky"... even on the spin bike... I don't care what people around me think... I am getting a KICK ASS workout and having a BLAST!!!   WOOOO HOOOO... CRANK UP THIS VIDEO and make it a FANTASTIC DAY...

No comments: