Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's About Us... and Butterflies (assignment)...

You might be wondering why I named this blog, "Becoming My Husband's Girlfriend."  After all, this journey should be all about me... I'm the one counting calories... I'm the one working out... I'm the one sacrificing... and you would be dead wrong. 

This is a journey that Jeff and I are taking together... it might be my physical body that will be changing, but there is so much more to "Becoming My Husband's Girlfriend" than MY weight.  When I had this blog idea, I discussed it with Jeff.  I knew he would be supportive of my idea, but I didn't know how he would feel about my really putting all this out there.  I told him I would probably be grumpy and frustrated at times.  I told him that sometimes (if I was running low on points for the day) that he would have to cook dinner for the family so I wasn't tempted to eat more calories than I had left.  I told him that I needed him to start coming home from work at a normal time so we could have dinner at 6PM instead of our normal 8PM.  (Jeff has a stressful job that has him going from 7AM - 7PM most days.)

Without hesitation, Jeff gave his full support, and do you know what time he was home yesterday... 5:00 PM!  (insert happy tears here) You will be getting to know more about Jeff in the coming days and weeks, and more about what I want to accomplish with this blog besides just changing the size of my clothes.

Today, I want to share what I call, "Butterflies."  You know that feeling when your spouse looks at you that special way, or gives you that sweet kiss on the side of your neck, or calls you out of the blue to tell you they were thinking about you... that feeling when your stomach is filling up with butterflies and they are flying all around...flying up to your mouth and making you smile... and continuing up to your head, making you feel momentarily light headed, happy, like nothing else in the world matters at that moment but, "Butterflies."

So, here is today's "Butterfly." (assignment... find your song)  For my 40th birthday a few months back, Jeff gave me a CD he had been planning for months... it was filled with songs that reminded him of me... some of our favorite songs... and songs that had a message he wanted to share with me.  Here is one of the songs on the CD... THIS is why I want to do this for Jeff... become his girlfriend again... bring the sexy back...


...because he loves me so much...

and he already thinks I'm beautiful... 

1 comment:

MY Creative Brightside said...

you rock love!!! i know you will kick butt