Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Race Week - 3 days and Flashback...

Jim (turned 70 years young last week and can out squat me anyday) and Chad,
our trainer - just finishing our workout and ready for a Race Day countdown photo
(3) days to go and nerves and excitement are really starting to take over.  I woke up this morning and felt like I was among the living again (thank God!)  I cancelled my workouts for the past (2) days as  I figured the extra few hours of sleep in the morning were more important to my system that an easy taper workout. I can feel the congestion in my chest, but I think I made a good choice taking the extra Z's.  This morning I hit my regular Wednesday training with Chad and Jim - Chad mixes it up every workout with weights, TRX, core, Bosu, super sets... pretty much... pain and sweat.  Exactly what we need! 

I've been thinking ahead toward Saturday, but I've also been spending a lot of time reflecting on my triathlon journey.  I think it is time to share a photo I've never posted.  A photo of my first triathlon.  It is obvious to see on the outside, what this sport has done for me.  But it has done so much for the inside, too.  The confidence, the pride, the determination, the pain (yes, there has been a lot of that!), the excitement, the bragging rights, the way Jeff smiles and cheers when watching me race and telling others the story of my races... :-)  I love this sport.  I'm so excited.  Tick, tock... tick, tock...

Almost exactly 5 years ago... what a difference
the years, and this sport, have made!

No comments: