Monday, August 29, 2011

Cool Breeze Century... WOOO HOOOO!

6AM... We look good, don't we...? :-)  Oh....  and I'm wearing my
FIRST jersey... I EARNED this one after 3 years!!! 
I didn't just BUY IT... I decided when I started riding that a jersey was
something to be EARNED by miles...
I... DID... IT!  103 miles in a single ride...

... I KILLED my training time... training was an average of 12 miles per hour...

... we were in the saddle for an average of 13.91 miles per hour...

... 7.25 hours in the saddle...

... 9.5 hours total day with rest stops, lunch break, Kardishian wedding, etc...


At the finish... crossing the start of the Century line...
 After training for this century for the past 3 years I can tell you this...
 
#1... BIG GIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

#2... It was as hard as I expected... It hurt and it was AWEWOME at the same time... and my training TOTALLY ROCKED!

#3... There is something to be said about an EXTREME athletic event like this.  Training is only HALF THE BATTLE!  So much of these events... these races... is MENTAL!  TRUSTING that you CAN DO IT!  PUTTING in the time on the road bike.  BELIEVING in yourself and those riding with you.  KNOW your equipment.  UNDERSTAND the road.  And more than ANYTHING... JUST... DO... IT!

I have lost almost 50 pounds since I did the 55 mile ride last year.  I still have 40 pounds to go...



... did that stop me from doing something that I SHOULDN'T be able to... HELL NO!  I got my butt on that bike... with my husband just a pedal stroke away... and I BECAME MY HUSBAND'S GIRLFRIEND! 

I am tearing up as I write this... you know what... we WOMEN... CAN... DO... ANYTHING!  To HELL with our lack of confidence... our low self esteeme... I'm SCARED TO DEATH of the bike... but I trained with my husband... I trained in the gym... and I DID IT! 
YEAH... He is THAT cute... :-)
Me, Dave and Jeff... the original Cool Breeze Crew (yes, it is
my first year, but those boys have been riding for decades!)
I've been waiting THREE YEARS FOR THIS DARN STICKER!
SET... YOUR... GOAL!

AND... DO IT!!!

No comments: