Thursday, January 27, 2011

Goals...


Sooooo... we all know that it is easier to reach a large goal by breaking it into several smaller goals... smaller goals are not nearly as scary as the whole big enchilada...  let's play a little game... your goal vs. what that little voice is saying in your head (unless you are singing "Try A Little Tenderness" as I suggested below)...

"I need to lose 70 pounds"... translates to... "Shoot me NOW!"
"I need to get from size 18 to size 9"... translates to... "I'll never see that size again."
"I want to go to the mall and look great in anything I try on"... translates to... "Those days are over."

I TOLD you to turn those evil voices in your head off, didn't I...!?  I know... it's hard!  Instead of those impossible sounding and all encompassing goals, I am going to set up a series of goals... 

for my weight loss...
...to help improve my self confidence
... and to bring my sexy back!

Within the next few days, I am going to post on that side bar over there, my ultimate goals... they have to be defined or how will I know what I am ultimately working for and when I get there?  I will also be posting my short term goals... every Monday when I post my new photos and weight stats, I will also share that weeks goals. 

These are going to be goals that I want to reach by the end of each week, and goals that I CHALLENGE YOU to work on, too!  I know we all don't have the same amount of weight to lose, or the same confidence or improvement goals, but I will challenge you to take on at least one of my weekly goals, and then share your stories, your triumphs and your challenges with me.  We are in this together, folks... and TOGETHER, we are going to REACH OUR GOALS!

My goal for tonight... Shrimp Tacos and Black Beans... oh so yummy and oh so LOW FAT!  I need some major energy because in the morning, I am doing another "triathlon workout..."  11.6 miles on the bike in 41 minutes... followed by 3 miles on the treadmill in 36 minutes... and then 950 yards in the pool in 20 minutes... I can do it... I can do it... I... CAN... DO... IT!!!

4 comments:

Melissa D. said...

Good luck with your workout! That is incredible. How do you keep your mind busy while you are doing all of that?? Maybe you could share that recipe too : ) Sounds yummy!

Abby and Brenda said...

Go Tracey! Congrats on the 5 lbs - that is amazing!

Kristi said...

Good luck with your workout. I know you can do it. That's amazing!
By the way, the Shrimp Tacos and black beans...girl if that is low fat, We need to see that recipe. Sounds better than my normal fat dinner. Way to go!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.