Friday, June 22, 2012

San Diego International... 2 days and counting!

... HERE... WE... GO!  Holy cow... I can't believe how long it has been since I've posted... my life is work and training at the moment... thank goodness for my wonderful husband who supports that although we are working like crazy... I've worked for several years to lose this weight and prepare for this race!

We all know that I have a self image issue... as we all do that are overweight... and although I've been racing in triathlons for 3 years now, I still always wear something black... or dark colored... and God forbid I should actually wear a tri suit or something like everyone else... because I am still overweight... and I'm not going to invest in a tri suit or a wet suit until I get closer to my goal... so I race wearing my regular dry fit shorts and top... always looking like the beginner... especially now that I'm racing at the international/olympic level... where everyone wears their "team kit!"

I DECIDED TO CHANGE MY SELF IMAGE for this race!  I went out and bought this shirt... bright, animal print... SOOOOOO not me... and SOOOOOO ready to be me.  And you know what... It shows my belly... and for the first time I am going to be proud of my accomplishments, where I started and that although I'm not as thin as the rest of the field, I'm going to KICK many of their butts...
... in my animal print shirt...
... that shows off my belly...

I AM READY for this race! ... and I'm going to kick my OWN BUTT... and be very proud at the finish line!

No comments: