Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cool Breeze Century 2012!

So much drama... so little time...
Let's get right to the important stuff... thanks to friends Dave and Mari who live by the start of the Cool Breeze (they are at Cal State Channel Islands, 30 minutes from the start of the century), and with about a 36 hour notice, they helped us out so that I could ride with Jeff and Dan (another frat brother that we haven't seen in 3 years!).  We decided to do the metric century (about 60 miles instead of 100 miles) for a variety of reasons, and were THRILLED that we took the metric, rode our hearts out, and had trained well enough that we all felt great after the ride and were able to enjoy our annual BBQ and catch up with our friends that evening!

... so let's chat about weight, shall we...
Me at 200.0 pounds at the 2011 Cool Breeze...
Me at 200.6 pounds at the 2012 Cool Breeze... 1 year later and 1/2 pound up...
weight training is doing the trick!  WOOO HOOOO!!!
It has been a year and no weight change... and I not concerned.  Sure, I still have the goal of "Size 9" to meet, but I have lost 50 pounds, held it off for a year, and although my weight numbers haven't changed, my clothes sizes sure have!  I am now wearing a regular size large in tops and size 12 in bottoms... HOLY COW!  Coming from a size 20, I am so close to my goal... and keeping it off is just another "bene" in the "I can do it" column!

Next up... the Mission Bay Triathlon... in 6 weeks...

1 comment:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.