Saturday, November 3, 2012

... for a friend...

Palomar YMCA Triathletes... Fitness Director Briony... 70.3 Superman Matt, The Awesome Laura,
Athena Tri Champ Me, and Beautiful Tri Becki... sweaty and feeling great!
The short and sweet of it...

... my very first trainer at the Palomar YMCA was Laura Velasco...

... she and her husband, Alfredo, became good friends of ours...

... they have both inspired, supported, and competed with me in triathlons for the past 3 years...

... staging and waiting for the group to arrive so we can  "flash mob"
Laura's Bootcamp class...
... and today, when they needed support, there was a group that showed up at Laura's Bootcamp class in 80's gear... to put a smile... and well earned tear or two... on Laura's face.

Laura... you are our friend... our trainer... you have yelled at us... and inspired us... and told us that WE CAN based only on the fact that you believe in us. 

I've lost almost 60 pounds because of you...

... when a friend challenged me to do a sprint triathlon you told me I could...

... and when I wanted to keep doing sprints, you told me I had moved on and was ready for more...

... I moved on to my first international distance triathlon...

... all because YOU believed in ME...

... two of my coaches in the foam "Pit of Hell!"  Have fun getting out... ;-)
... we all LOVE you... and believe in you and Alfredo!

There is NOTHING better than waking up in the dark...
... getting dressed up in 80's gear...
... and sweating up a storm for a friend!
... and one of these days...

... I'm going to KICK YOUR RACE BUTT!!!  ;-)

... fair warning... because you told me I could do ANYTHING!... 
 
... and I plan to do just that!

No comments: