Sunday, November 11, 2012

Life Reset - Step 1 - Reflect and Inspiration...

22 years ago, I had my first child, and 20 years ago, my second...

14 years ago, my first marriage ended... and my life reset...

11 years ago, I married the most amazing man... and my life reset...

10 years ago we bought our first house, 9 years ago Jeff adopted Jessica and Chris, 8 years ago I was able to stay home from work and we had Anna... and life continued to reset..

7 years ago, Jeff was diagnosed with cancer... RESET...

2 years ago I started a journey called, "Becoming My Husband's Girlfriend, Again"... and reset...

The days that make up all the rest of our time has been full of ups and downs, laughter and tears, challenges and triumps....

... now, after 8 years at home, I have been back to work for 10 months now... running Jeff's office.  The past 10 months has been a total blur...long hours, working 6-7 days a week, a total sacrafice of time for our friends, rest time, time for the kids, resigning from all but two volunteer responsiblities... heck... I barely have time to do the laundry and make dinner before collapsing in bed and getting back up at the crack of dawn to do it all again.

I've been thinking about this post for awhile because the whole goal of this blog was to take the extra time to get my self confidence back... get to the gym and watch my weight... do the fun stuff with my family and husband that was lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.  This was much easier to do when I was a stay at home mom and had the extra time to plan special surprises, keep the house clean, keep up with the kids, plan dinners, workouts, plan... anything...

For most of the past year, I have felt that our life was totally out of control... we were reacting only... and so much was being missed... and I... AM... DONE... WITH... THAT!  Time for a SELF IMPOSED reset of our lives!

STEP ONE!

Reflect - Done above!  Looking back at the struggles and triumps of our past reminds us that we have made it through a lot... both good and bad... but whatever struggle we are going through at the moment seems like it is the worst ever... BECAUSE we are going through it at the moment.  Divorce and cancer were the most horrible times in my life... I made it through that and will make it through this, too.

Inspiration - I needed to reset the inspiration to help me move forward in a possitive and successful way.  Here are my current inspirations...

Paula - She was a member of my "Weight Loss Challenge" group in 2012.
She wanted to give herself a special 40th birthday gift - weight loss and health.
She has since lost 50 pounds and is now training others (including me)
to reach their goals... and looking fine, I must say!
  
Matt - A member of our Palomar YMCA Tri Team - he completed his
first sprint trialthon - the Mission Bay in October 2011... and just completed
his first 70.3 (half Ironman)... at the Superseal exactly 1 year later... AND with
a weight loss of over 50 pounds... I call him "Superman!"
Tracey and Lance Smith - we met this wonderful couple when
Chris dated their daughter, Kendra.  They own a very successful Monavie business,
 and do it with hard work and commitment.  But what is even
more inspirational to me is the way they live their lives.  You can not
find a better couple to define, "Being My Husband's Girlfriend" and vica versa,
and parents that raise humble kids... as they say, "You are broke kids with rich parents.
Whatever you achieve or become is based on who you are and what you do,
not based on what we have accomplished."
 
Every beautiful day is an inspiration...

Seriously... TOTAL inspiration!  If this awesome kid can do
it... my weight can't stop me as I DO IT!
My Family inspires me... as a parent, there is nothing more inspirational
than the health and happiness of your kids.
My sweet husband... enough said!

























And you know what... I... AM... MY... OWN... INSPIRATION!  At the top I was 250 pounds... although I have made it down to 195, I and am 205 today... I'm still 45 pounds down.  I know what I have to do... and am inspired by my journey to keep going...

I have a lot of work to do to get this family and journey back on track.  Look forward to several more posts... because there is NOTHING more important that family, love, and my sweet husband! 

No comments: