Sunday, August 3, 2014

Week 3 photos - and Hoo Ha Ride Glide

... good news about training for my first 70.3 is that I have almost (4) months to get READY to START training for the 70.3 (half Ironman triathlon).

... bad/good news is that I will need the (4) months JUST to get ready to start TRAINING for my first 70.3!

Jeff and I are joining his frat brothers and our friends for the annual Cool Breeze Century in just (2) weeks.  Jeff and Dave have been doing this 100 mile bike ride for over 10 years, Dan joined probably 5-6 years ago and I've done the full century once and the metric several times now.  I can't tell you how excited I have been to be welcomed by the "boys club" even though I am much slower than they are... they welcome me on this ride and actually give me a ton of crap when I decide that I'm not ready to hang for the whole 100+ miles.

So it goes, I have not gotten the long distance training that I need to do the 100 miles in (2) weeks... shoot... Jeff and I do a regular 20-25 mile ride, but we have only increased it to 35 miles for the past (2) weekends due to our schedule and we should be way above that by now. 

For my girls out there... I have heard about this product, "Hoo Ha Ride Glide" for the past few years and laughed and didn't think any more about it.  But, I've started having some lower back and "other" issues and thought that this product might be what I needed (those of you gals that ride totally get what I just said!)  After figuring out HOW to use this product... ;-) ... I will say that...
 
... IT... IS... MY... NEW... BIKE... BEST... FRIEND!!!  Holy COW!  How did I not try this before!!!?
 
Back to the 70.3 journey...

 

203 pounds
205 pounds

 

 



I'm starting to increase the workouts and watch the calories... and it is starting to pay off. :-)  Time to get back to "One-derland!"

No comments: