Sunday, September 25, 2011

7 Days and Counting... Mission Bay Triathlon...

Anna sitting on the dock watching us start the swim...
Last year when I raced in the Mission Bay Triathlon, I weighed 40 pound more than I will next week...


Last year, I made a "hydration mistake" during transition #2 and cramped so bad I had to walk the whole 5K... (Yes, Mike... "Don't drink the Kool Aide during T2!")
Ha, ha, ... the look on my face as I enter T2 trying to
remember all the things to do... and NO WATER!  And my
swim coach, Elizabeth, right behind me!
Last year, I promised myself I was going to come back this year and do something FANTASTIC...


TODAY, our new Palomar YMCA Triathlon Club did a mock triathlon on the same course we will race next week...


... and today, I realized that I am going to reach my goal...

Our fast group starting the run...
... AND SURPASS IT! 

You BETTER BELIEVE that
BIG GIRLS
CAN RACE,
TOO! 

Much more about the race coming this week!

No comments: