Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Annual Christmas PJ Party... and 4 pounds...

I'm giggling as I write this post and remember (or try to remember) our Annual Progressive PJ Party... held this past Saturday night.  We have the most amazing group of friends that Jeff and I met when we started volunteering at Orange Glen High School 7 years ago.  Four years ago, we started a Christmas Progressive Dinner tradition.  We start at one house for appetizers... then move to the next house for the salad course... then to another house for the main course... and the final house for dessert and Bunco... YES, Bunco... with the guys... and it is HILARIOUS!  
Here are the girls...


So... are you wondering why I'm telling you about a night out... lots of eating and drinking... while I'm trying to lose weight?  BECAUSE, I'm NOT trying to LOSE weight... I'm getting my LIFE BACK!  There is a BIG difference!  YES, I am working out and losing weight... but I also want to keep this weight loss as a part of my everyday life.  Which means that I WILL GO OUT and have an INCREDIBLY DECADENT night... and I WILL (once in a while) EAT ANYTHING I WANT!  
... and here are our guys...

And I gained 4 pounds... yes... in one night.  3 pounds came off within 2 days.  I'm still 1 pound up... and I'm OK with that.  You know what else happened that night...?  I was My Husband's Girlfriend... Jeff and I had a wonderful night... flirting... having fun... and he was my Boyfriend, too! :-) 

When you feel confident... and happy... and flirty... it doesn't matter where you are or what you are doing... the only thing that matters is your spouse... how much you love them... and how much they love you back... and the playing will just... happen... 
 
Yes... we see you, Seltmann... :-)

... yes... I often have
"tunnel vision"
when it comes to Jeff...
I only see him...
I get dreamy... I would like to say that I see a musical number take off, but that wouldn't be realistic, now... would it...? :-)  Make it a "dreamy" night, everyone!

1 comment:

Gloria Stengel said...

You look great, jammies and all. Have a happy Christmas!