Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Music Day... Pet Peeve #12 when you have put on too much weight...

The buttons on your blouses (in the chest area) gape open and won't close without...

#1... You holding your breath and rolling your shoulders forward (looking like a total goober)... OR...

#2... You risking the lives of everyone around you because when you least expect it, that button will become a missile... popping and propelling itself into the eye of the nearest bystander.

I have several button down blouses... that I haven't been able to wear for YEARS (for a combination of the reasons listed above)... UNTIL YESTERDAY!  As I've been losing weight, I've been trying on my smaller clothes... wanting to look good and flirty for Jeff.  Yesterday, I felt like Chevy Chase in the movie, "Christmas Vacation."  At the end of the Christmas light plug in scene... when the family is back outside to see the lights and he tries to get them on... ONE... LAST... TIME... there he is saying under his breath, "Go, go, go" as he plugs in the extension cord, sparks fly, and the lights finally come on.  I had a volunteer breakfast and Chris' golf team banquet to attend yesterday, and I wanted to put on a nicely fitted shirt, so I pulled one out of the closet...

... and I put it on...

... and I buttoned the top button...

... "GO, GO, GO..." was all I was thinking, hoping the buttons
would not only, "GO," but "HOLD!"...

... and one after another, they closed...

... and held...

... so I let out my breath...

... and I stood up straight...

... and there weren't any sparks, but I swear a light shined down
 and I heard the "Hallelujah Chorus"
start singing as I started dancing around the bathroom.

Yes, I know.  I'm a bit dramatic.

But after losing almost 45 pounds in the past 9 months...

... and with the new way that Jeff looks at me, and loves me...  ;-)

... I think I'm entitled... and I am LOVING EVERY MOMENT!

Long story short, I've hit another milestone... small on the scale of this whole journey... but an unexpected victory that made my whole day!  As Pink says, it is time to "RAISE YOUR GLASS!"  Look around... and find YOUR next victory... and GO GET IT!  This song is over to the right... make sure to add it to the new "Soundtrack in your head!"  One song at a time... one choice at a time... we are getting stronger, more confident, and bringing that flirt back!  Make it a GREAT day!!!

No comments: