Monday, April 23, 2012

Now I've done it...


I SOOOOOO want to look like this...!!!
So we all know I've gone back to work...
... and my hours are crazy long at the moment...

... and fitting in my workouts has been a chore in itself, not to mention eating right or, ummm, taking care of my family... and then there is the sleep issue...

So I took a step today to help me accomplish several of my goals. 

1.  I need to add weight training to my workout schedule.  I HATE weights and have 100% concentrated on running... cycling... swimming... for the past 2 years.  I need someone to push me to the next level of racing, and I know that weight training is a big key!

2.  Getting up at 5AM... take in calories... bathroom... to the gym and sweating by 6AM.  I only have 1 hour in the morning so I have to make every second count.  In the next few weeks, this schedule will back up to 4:30AM, but I am so lacking for sleep at the moment, that 1/2 hour makes a big difference!  I need to be accountable to someone else to get me to the gym right now...

3.  Back to a minimum of 5 workouts a week... actually, I would be happy to get back to a maximum of 5 workouts a week... accountability to someone else is the key...

So, tomorrow, I start a regular twice a week small group (2-3 of us) training group at 6AM... we will be doing TRX, boot camp style training, and weights, mixing it up, but still getting the weight training and cardio that I need... and by paying for 10 weeks in advance, I'm assuring that I will get my butt out of bed because my trainer and fellow "pain-mates" will be waiting for me.  Add to that a swim mate at 6AM on Wednesday or Thursdays and long runs and rides on Saturday and Sunday and I have my 5 workouts... and, hopefully, enough training to keep my weight in check and me prepared for the San Diego International in June and the Cool Breeze Century in August!

No matter what your goals are... and no matter how out of reach they seem... YOU CAN find a way to make it happen.  Make the sacrifice and take the next step toward your goals!

No comments: