Monday, September 5, 2016

Success... one day at a time...


Week one done, and I'm (3) pounds lighter!  I'm not exactly sure where those three pounds came from, but as long as they are gone and not coming back, I'm a happy camper!  This time around, I'm not using Weight Watchers to track/plan my food.  I've used Weight Watcher plans for my weight loss since I was 13 years old, but I'm trying something new this time.  I'm using an app called, "My Fitness Pal."  One of the biggest gripes I had with old school WW was that you had to find and then figure out your calories, fat grams, carbs, etc for every item you ate and I hated how much time that took!  Maybe WW has gone digital since the last time I was there, but I felt it was time for a change.  My Fitness Pal has had every single item I've eaten in their database.  I just type in what I ate, and it gives me the full breakdown of that item, loads it into my diary, and saves it for future meals so I don't have to look it up again.  I can even save my own recipes for future use.  I have the app on my phone, too, so I can update my daily tracker from anywhere.

My Fitness Pal also tracks my "Training Peaks" workouts and is now logging my daily calories into my Training Peaks calendar.  When Coach and I get back to training next month, he will be able to see my workouts and my daily food summary!  I think the fact that I will be able to use these two apps together is going to be a great asset... especially as my training gets back into gear and starts to build.  I will need to eat more to fuel the training, and I think this might be the key to keep a proper balance.

17 pounds to go... 17 weeks until the end of the year.  As long as I keep at it one day at a time, success will be mine!!!




No comments: