Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'm Watching Little Miss Magic...

Ahhhhhh... we are out of town for a little spring break vacation.  We are spending several days of uninterrupted fun and relaxing time at "The Lot..." a vacation home that my grandfather built 50 years ago just outside Ojai... 1 acre of fenced in property... green grass... 50 year old pepper trees... and the cozy house that I enjoyed as a child... now enjoyed by my husband and children... total bliss! 

I must admit that as I prepare to write my MUSIC DAY posts each week, I usually have no idea what I am going to write about until I sit down at the computer.  I have been sitting here for about an hour trying to find the perfect song and story for today.  Totally stumped, I started watching what was going on outside...

... Jeff is playing Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" on the boom box outside...

...Abby, our dog, is running around... HUGE smile on her face... tongue bouncing to the left as she runs... and her rear legs flying up behind her as her backside runs faster than her front (it is QUITE the sight!)...

... the sky that has been overcast all day just opened... and the sun is now spilling through the tall pepper tree branches...

... and Jeff has Anna on her brand new bike... he is holding onto the back of her seat and running next to her... she has a death grip on the handlebars, pink and white streamers floating in the wind... and she is learning to ride her bike.

One of the reasons that I want to become my husband's girlfriend again is to play.  I want to lose weight and have the energy and confidence and spunk to get out there and play with Jeff and play with Anna and not just sit here giving excuses.  After three months, 20 pounds, changing the soundtrack in my head and starting to flirt again, I can tell you that I need to wrap this up and GET OUT AND PLAY WITH MY FAMILY! 

Now Jeff is pulling Anna around the property in the tractor... in the same
trailer that my grandfather built to pull my sister and me around in
when we were kids... TIME TO GO PLAY WITH MY FAMILY!

GOTTA RUN!

Oh.... sorry... it is music day... just as Jeff made a special CD of music for me, he also made one for Anna... songs that he wanted to share with her or that they share for special reasons.  One of the songs that makes Jeff think of Anna is Jimmy Buffett's, "Little Miss Magic."  The song and lyrics are posted over to the right... check it out... and try not to tear up like I do every time I hear the song! :-)

No comments: