Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"STOP"... It's MUSIC DAY!

WARNING... the music chosen for this blog are of a very WIDE VARIETY of music genres and time periods and are chosen for very specific reasons.  One by one, we are changing the "Soundtrack In Our Head" from the negative soundtrack that saps our confidence to one that reminds us how to be fun and silly and romantic... music for a drive up the coast... music for a pumping workout... or, as we have today, music for an impromptu dance party with our daughters!!!

Andy, Simon, Nick, John and Roger... be still my heart!!!
You might not want to admit it... and you probably and most certainly don't want to post it in public, on say your blog, but there is "that group" or "that song" that your kids LOVED growing up that you would crank up and sing along with them because it was fun. 

When I was a kid, there were several 80's bands that Mom and Dad would allow us to put on the "tape player" in the car (boy am I dating myself..) and they would sing along... Thompson Twins, Culture Club... but, as a HUGE DURANIE, when "The Reflex" came on... Mom and Dad would groan a little bit, and then my Dad would sing, "The Re-fle-fle-fle-flex!"

Fast forward to the mid 1990's and there was ONE GROUP that all the kids... and most of the world... knew about... for better or worse... everyone knew who Baby, Scary, Posh, Sporty and Ginger were... THE SPICE GIRLS!  Yes, I know all the words to all of the songs from their first few albums and, YES, I took Jessica and Chris to see the Spice Girls in concert in 1998... and we HAD A BLAST!!! 

SPICE GIRLS DANCE PARTY!!!  WOOO HOOOOO!
Soooooooo, long story even LONGER... last weekend, Jessica (21) and Anna (6) pulled me into the bedroom for an impromptu Spice Girls Dance Party...

and we accessorized...

and we danced...

and we SANG AT THE TOP OF OUR LUNGS! 

We haven't done that IN YEARS and we laughed and laughed and laughed... oh, and Jessica video taped us with her computer...here is a little clip of us... Jess and I still remembered the dance for this song... You can watch the real music video over on the right of the blog...


I sure hope that I don't scare too many of you away by adding this song to the blog, but it has great memories for me and it makes me smile!  Make it a FANTASTIC evening and I will see you back here tomorrow... with a photo of me at the gym... along with my NEW FAVORITE SAYING...

2 comments:

Tracey's Father said...

So Tracey, who the heck are Andy, Simon, Nick, John and Roger? Love, Dad

Unknown said...

YOU...ARE...KILLING... ME, DAD! I love you!!! :-)