Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goals for 2012... and first photo of the year


First photo for 2012...
203.0 pounds
Most of us set goals at the start of each new year...
... and most of us don't make it past January following those oh, so wanted, but poorly planned goals.  For years, I have written New Year's Goals... and they quickly collect dust in a file and are fun (and somewhat sad) to read the next year when I don't accomplish any of them... and re-write them again for the next year.

Last year, I set a goal to Become My Husband's Girlfriend.  And almost a year later, I am well on my way!  I have accomplished several of my goals, but this journey is not about hitting a goal... and staying there.  Getting married, or hitting your weight loss goal are examples of a culmination of commitment and work... and some might think the final step in a journey.  Actually, they are the START of a much longer process.  Maintaining weight loss or keeping your spark alive doesn't just happen... they are part of the wonderful fluidity of life and I plan to sail on this tide for the rest of my life!

Soo... in a continuing effort for the "Full Monty," (I'm putting it all out there) here is my list of goals for 2012...

WEIGHT LOSS...
   *  I've once again pulled out my Weight Watcher books and will be documenting everything I consume with the Points Program. It is an "oldie" plan, but works for me.  FIND YOUR PLAN!  Notice, I did NOT say, "Diet Plan!"  Find an eating plan that works for you.  There are so many out there, but the biggest thing is this "plan" needs to be lifelong and workable for you!
   *  WRITE DOWN my weekly workout plan every Sunday. Once you have your workout schedule for the week IN WRITING, you are committed and will plan the rest of the week AROUND your workouts!
   *  WATER, WATER, WATER!  There is nothing easier than drinking a MINIMUM of 8 glasses of water EVERYDAY, and NOTHING more important!
   *  I plan to weigh 190 by the Desert International Triathlon.  After putting on 6.4 pounds in the past 2 months of holidays, I want to lose 13 pounds in the next 8 weeks.  I will set the next weight goal after the triathlon! :-)

DE-STRESS...
   *  This is going to be a hard one, but SOOOO VERY IMPORTANT!  Balancing the volunteer work we do, dealing with adult kids and a 7-year old... and trying to keep a peaceful balance in the household is... well... pretty impossible at the moment... but one of the BIGGEST goals of the year. 

WORK...
   *  I have been home, raising the family, for almost 8 years now.  I have been working at Anna's school (2 hours per day) for the past 1.5 years, but it is time that I go back to work full time. YEAH, the job search... no stress there...
   *  WRITE... MY... BOOK... Some of you know what this is about, and I now have the opportunity to finish my book and get it published.  This is another priority this year.  REALLY?...now you know why stress relief is a major thing this year...

RACES...
   *  My 2012 races are listed over to the right.  I have some pretty big goals, and I know I can make them happen.
   *  Run more... I REALLY dislike running, but need to find the love once again!
   *  NEW swim workouts... I have gotten into a rut and need to change things up to improve my speed
   *  Comfort on the ROAD BIKE... I am scared of the road bike, but it is SOOOO important to my race because I know I am STRONG on the bike, so I have to get used to riding "on the road!"

THE BLOG...
   *  Back to regular posts... Monday photos, Music Day, Weekly Goals, the new "Find Your Strength" work out inspiration, and the regular live life, love life and flirt posts.

You might notice that all of these goals have to do with me... I don't have anything up there specifically about Jeff or the kids.  If you are looking over your own goals and they mostly deal with other people, and not you... START OVER!  It is OK to put yourself first once in awhile (I know, as moms, we don't know how to do this), and remember, these are YOUR GOALS!  The goals listed above are to help me stay healthy, lose weight, gain confidence, express myself, and help bring money into the household... and EVERY ONE OF THOSE THINGS will help me be a better mom and a fun girlfriend! 

So, your goal for the week is to write YOUR goals for 2012, to help you find your inner strength and your smile... and watch as everyone around you smiles, too!

No comments: