Thursday, January 19, 2012

TRX... my new personal training hell...

I have been training and racing in sprint triathlons for 2 years now.  I'm getting faster and stronger.  But the one thing that I HATE to do is weights... any type of sculpting or free weights or machines... and don't get me started on my core, or COMPLETE LACK thereof! 

I took my first TRX training class (small group/personal training) at my YMCA (Palomar YMCA) on Tuesday.  It is an intense 45-minute workout that hits all of your body groups and keeps you at a high cardio workout at the same time.  Soooooo... I THOUGHT that I was in OK shape... I THOUGHT I would be able to make it through 45 minutes... and I was SADLY mistaken.  As trainer, Roland, told me, "TRX is a very humbling workout.  It will very bluntly show you where your strengths and weaknesses are."  Can I just say, I was already at failure and shaking after the first 4 minute set...

So, once I can walk again (which I am hoping will be tomorrow or Saturday), I will be taking my next TRX class.  Then the next.  And the next.  I know that TRX will help focus my training and take me to the next level for my racing...and weight loss... and fitness!  I think I may have finally found a type of weight training that I can stick to... Lord, help me! :-)

2 comments:

Ruby Claire said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MoLangley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.