Thursday, January 5, 2012

MUSIC DAY... "Diet Song"...

I KNOW I am not the only person in the world struggling with some food cravings at the moment! 

Yes.. I enjoyed the holidays and all those wonderfully, satisfying, dreamy, "good for the soul" kinda foods and drinks. 

Yes... I put on 6.5 pounds in 2 months. 

And, yes... I have already lost half of that in the past 3 days by drinking my water and getting back to WW Points and writing everything down.

However, as I read Facebook post after Facebook post from friends who are starting a "diet" and are going through some pretty good "calorie withdrawls," I have to admit that I REALLY WANT SOME TORTILLA CHIPS!  I know it is short lived and I know I will feel better in just a few days, but today, I found a song that I want to share with EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER BEEN ON A "DIET," or started a new life of "eating healthy."  Either way, the first week or so are pretty tough and the song, "Diet Song," by Shel Silverstein (author of two of my favorite books, "The Giving Tree" and "Where the Sidewalk Ends") is HILARIOUS!  And there is a line in the middle of the song that made me choke on my ice water I was laughing so hard... you will know the line... :-)

"Diet Song" - Shel Silverstein

Enjoy!

No comments: