Saturday, January 28, 2012

Running... With... Dog... OUCH!

Soooo... tonight, I decided to take our 2 year old puppy on a mile run.  She has been having some skin issues, so we have to spray her belly with medicine and then make sure she doesn't lick it for about 10 minutes.  10 minutes... sounds like an easy mile run to me!  And... everything was going great until we were about 3/4 of the way to home... and we came upon a group of teenagers on their bikes... now, you need to know it was after dark... hard to see anything... and Abby was fine until we were on top of the kids... minding their own business on their bikes...

... and Abby wanted a new friend and flew to "kiss" one of the bikers...

... and I went FLYING...

... and landed FLAT on my right side (I had the leash on my left)...

... and shortly after I hit the ground... and was checking, before I moved, that everything was alright, I heard...

..."OH MY GOSH!  Ma'am, are you alright?"  (as I was still trying to make sure I was alright and would still be racing in 5 weeks, I looked up to this kid...)

And told him I was fine.  I picked myself up... started running... and then started sobbing as the blood started running down my leg...

AAAAAHHHHHHH... getting older REALLY SUCKS!  (I'm such a wimp!)  Three band aids and lots of peroxide later, I will be just fine... bruises aside, of course!  Tomorrow is my first of 5 full bike to run brick workouts before the race... band aids and all! :-)

No comments: