Wednesday, February 22, 2012

... we interrupt this program... HOLY COW!

 ... soooooooo... I was in the middle of a GREAT post (which will come tomorrow) when the phone rang...

View from our front yard...
... and it was my 22 year old daughter (whose boyfriend lives across the street) telling me to lock the doors and look out the window... there was an "armed and dangerous" person in the immediate neighborhood and they didn't know where he was. 
I had a play date going on with 2 other neighborhood girls at that moment.  So...

1.  I gathered the girls in the only room in the house with no windows and told them we were playing a game...
2.  I locked all the doors.
3.  I called friend "Officer Seltmann" with a "WHAT IN THE H..." phone call... and about an hour later...

Long story short, the "bad guy" was hiding in Jessica's boyfriend's garage... across the street and one house down... they pulled him out with the K-9 unit... too many details to list here, but I have to say... we still don't know what this kid was wanted for... or what he was doing... but our ESCONDIDO POLICE DEPARTMENT was LARGE and in CHARGE... (and now my kids will disinherit me for saying something so silly...)

I've never been through something like this before... and I wouldn't trust anyone more that our EPD to keep me and my family safe! 

UPDATE:  Looking back on all of this, it is really scary to think that when my daughter called me to tell me to lock the doors, the "bad guy" had already gotten into and was hidding in the garage, at the house she was calling me from...

No comments: