Friday, February 10, 2012

YMCA... My Story...

Anyone following my blog for any amount of time knows the following...

1.  I have worked my tush off to lose over 50 pounds...
2.  I love training for and racing in triathlons...
3.  Self confidence is your best friend...
4.  Taking time EVERYDAY to be My Husband's Girlfriend is my PLEASURE (and his, too!)...
5.  All of the above have been possible because of the training, support, inspiration and friendships that I have received at the Palomar YMCA!

I have been so blessed to have a husband give me the BEST JOB EVER... Homemaker... for the past 8 years.  Money has been tight as we raised 3 kids, survived cancer, and volunteered our hearts out at our kids' schools. 

BUT, there is something else.  You all know that I train at MY YMCA.  It is not a "gym."  I spent years at other "gyms" feeling inadequate, falling behind, and having no direction or support. The Palomar YMCA is a HOME!  You WORK! You SWEAT!  And everyone takes the time to support everyone else! 

For the first time in 9 YEARS, I am a volunteer campaign Division Manager for my YMCA.  The YMCA is a non-profit organization that NEVER turns anyone away for the inability to pay for service.  I can tell you  there are several people on our team that have RECEIVED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE that are now raising money to help raise funds for the next family that will need help.

REALLY!!!?  Families that have received financial assistance now working to raise money for other families!!!?  YES!  That is what we do in Escondido and what the YMCA does around the world!  I would love it if you would donate to my online page at https://www.ymca.org/securepayment/branch/profile.php?branch_id=31&cmpr_code=TLOCHE.. or PLEASE donate to your local YMCA. 

It is not a "gym."  It is a HOME.  OUR home!

No comments: