Tuesday, February 1, 2011

MUSIC DAY and Goals...

WOOOOO HOOOOO!  IT'S MUSIC DAY!  I'm LOVING sharing inspirational music with you guys!!!  This is a song that is totally about "Becoming My Husband's Girlfriend!!!"

Tell me... when was the last time that you ACCEPTED (in a POSITIVE manner) a compliment that your husband gave you!?  HUMMMMM...  You know... our husbands try... I know mine does!  He gives me compliments all the time... but, sadly, most of the time I don't take it in the way it was intended.  He can say, "You look beautiful today, Tracey,"  and I will immediately say something like, "Augh, this outfit makes my stomach look big" or "My pants are way too tight, but it is the only thing that fits."  Come on... raise your hand if this sounds like you...

Today's song is a song that Jeff shared with me... as a compliment... because, as the song says, "[he] thinks I'm amazing, just the way [I am]."  I LOVE this song and it is on my workout play list... the strong beats are GREAT for a tough climb up a hill on my bike! 

Click on the link below to enjoy Bruno Mars, "Just the Way You Are."

Now that you have heard the song, I can share my GOALS FOR THE WEEK with you!  And here is where you get to play along.  I would LOVE for you to choose AT LEAST ONE of these 4 goals to accomplish this week... or feel free to do 2, 3 or all 4!  And I WANT YOU TO TELL ME ABOUT IT!  I have heard some people are having problems posting to the blog, so if you can't comment, send me an email at traceylocher@cox.net and I will post your comments here, for everyone else to be inspired by, too!

GOALS FOR THE WEEK...
 1.  Listen to the song again... and imagine that Mr. Mars is singing to you.  YOU are amazing.  YOU are beautiful.  YOU are wonderful!  Add this song to the NEW and POSITIVE Soundtrack in your head...

2. Genuinely accept a compliment from your husband (or wife for you guys following along).  No back talk.  No self deprecating explanations.  Say, "Thank you," smile... and follow it up with a kiss... your guy (or gal) won't know what just happened!

3.  Lose 2 pounds.  After losing 7.2 pounds in the first 2 weeks, I need to be realistic that my body is going to have a "hiccup" soon... 2 pounds down is MUCH BETTER than 2 pounds up!

4.  SECRET WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT... I have a fun goal that will require a little bit of time... so best for the weekend.  I will post it on Friday... so choose one or more of the goals above... and/or wait for Friday...

Have a WONDERFUL day, everyone!!  PS - Thanks for asking... Yes... the shrimp taco recipe is coming... :-)

No comments: